Click to Return Home Recreation Passes and Permits Click to Return to Previous Page

Various recreation sites on national forest land in Oregon and Washington require day use fees. Check your destination forest to see if a recreation pass is required at the location you plan to visit.

Before heading out in the Pacific Northwest, make sure you pack your Northwest Forest Pass. Along with getting you into many improved recreation sites, it also insures their protection. And, since 80% of the proceeds go directly back into trail and facility maintenance, you can be sure your next visit will be just as enjoyable as your last.

The Northwest Forest Pass is a vehicle pass required at all designated recreation sites in Washington and Oregon. The cost is $5.00 per day per vehicle. Annual passes are available for $30.00. Golden Eagle, Age, and Access Passports are honored at pass sites.

Recreation passes do not cover fees for winter sno-parks, cabin rentals, or climbing and wilderness permits. They also do not cover developed campgrounds, but Interagency Senior Pass and Interagency Access Pass holders may receive a 50% discount for camping fees. Though many concessionaires do honor recreation passes, others may not.

Recreation passes are available at Forest Service offices and stations, various local vendors, and online at Discover Your Northwest. Thank you for supporting your public lands!

Locations Requiring a Pass

Recreation sites in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest that require a pass here:

Wilderness Permits

Visitors to the Mount Margaret Backcountry must have a completed wilderness permit in their possession during their stay in these areas from May 15 through October 15.

Wilderness permits are free and self-issued at trailheads.
Day Pass

(click for info)

Annual Pass

(click for info)

Wilderness Pass

(click for info)

Click Here for PDF on Restrictions
Bike Trails

(click for info)

(Courtesy of the USFS)